8/27/08

One Comment Became a New Marketing Strategy

By: Lynette Chandler

I was recently on a teleconference call where a customer let
everyone on the call know about an amazing story. She said she
had been reading different blogs on the internet and came across
a particular comment that made her take note.

She told us, "Her comment impressed me so much and was so
good. It was exactly what I needed at that point in time." When
asked which blog this was or the topic of the comment, she could
not remember. "The comment stood up so much that in my mind it
took precedence over the blog itself", she confessed.

She did finally let us know that it was a comment of mine that she
had found on someone else's blog. She read the comment,
enjoyed it, and has been a long time customer since then.

I've always extolled the virtues of strategic and intellectual
knowledge exchange - in other words, responsible commenting.
This concept is not a new one. Discussion forums have been
around for a long time and many people understand that
contributing to this format can be of great benefit to you. The
principals here are the same.

I've got comments out there that I posted over two years ago and
they are still bringing me visitors each and every month. Of course
this isn't a matter of hundreds of people a day but the amount and
quality of visitors I do get is something that would of cost me a lot
of money to get through various paid methods. One of the nicest
things about this is that I didn't do much work at all, but yet
everyday the owner has their site active I have these comments
working for me.

Of course this doesn't happen with every comment you leave. You
are not always going to hit the home run on every comment, you
may not always affect everyone the same way. But the more of
them you have out there, the more likely you will reach the right
people.

Having said all that, this doesn't give you a license to purchase an
automated software to spam every comment form out there. It's a
waste of your efforts because few of those automated junk
comments you send out will make it through the site's comment
spam filters or the admin's scrutiny.

Another reason is that spammers feel it is an open invitation to
send out these comments and gain links back. Though search
engine marketing is important, they'll be coming from the wrong
angle. If you're in business for the long term - which I hope you
are; Keep yourself in check by remembering what it is you are
trying to accomplish, getting lots of search engine traffic doesn't
mean anything if they are not following your comments because
they are interested in what you had to say.

If you do that, the link back will come naturally. You also get the
opportunity to make an impression on people who read your
comments.

Many don't understand how much this is worth and it's a sad thing
that it isn't taken as seriously as it should. I can testify myself that
it is worth a lot. Remember that customer I told you about at the
start of this article? She went on to become an affiliate who sent a
lot of business my way, and it never would of happened without
my leaving a useful comment on a blog as I traveled through.

Article by:

Lynette Chandler helps entrepreneurs leverage readily available technology for their marketing. Learn to apply the power of technology to your marketing



1 comment:

HENRYGEORGE said...

Areca Leaf plates are commonly known as Areca Plate / Areca Palm Leaf Plates / Palm Leaf Plates / Bio Plate / Natural Disposable Plates / Eco friendly Bio-Degradable Dinner Plates / Kitchenware / Dinnerware. We are one of the well-known manufacturers, exporters and suppliers of areca plates and areca cups such as biodegradable plates, areca leaf plates, areca leaf disposable plates, bio plates ,Palm plates, disposable plates, arecanut plates, areca bowls and disposable utensils



Leaf plates
Paper plates
Eco Friendly Plates
Export Machinery

Add Your Site For Free Today!